Please see previous tab for the Kathleen Mears Education Award to read the full history of Kathleen Mears, and her contributions to the profession of neurodiagnostic technology.
The Kathleen Mears Memorial Lecture has been given at the ASET Annual Conference since 1996. Each year, the Annual Conference Program Committee, ASET Executive Committee, and ASET Director of Education select the lecturer, who must be a registered technologist who is boarded in at least one area of neurodiagnostics. The fund supports a travel stipend and a small honorarium upon publication of an article based on the lecture in The Neurodiagnostic Journal (formerly titled the American Journal of Electroneurodiagnostic Technology). A perpetual plaque with Kathleen Mear’s picture and engraving of each lecturer’s name is on permanent display in the ASET and ASET Foundation Executive Office.
Past Kathleen Mears Memorial Lecturers
- 2019 Faye Mc Nall, M.Ed, R.EEG T, FASET
- 2018 Cathy Boldery, R. EEG/EP T., RPSGT, CNIM, CCT, FASET
- 2017 Judy Ahn-Ewing, R. EEG/EP T., CNIM, CLTM, FASET, BA
- 2016 Jerry Morris, R.NCS.T., CNCT, FASET, MS
- 2015 Janice Walbert, CAE, R. EEG/EP T., FASET, FACNS, BA
- 2014 Kathy Johnson, R. EEG/EP T., RPSGT, FASET
- 2013 Sabrina Galloway, R. EEG/EP T., CNIM, CLTM, FASET, BS
- 2012 Janice Buelow, PhD, RN, FAAN
- 2011 Elizabeth Mullikin, R. EEG/EP T., CNIM, MPA, MA, MNM, FACHE, FASET
- 2010 Sherry Nehamkin, R. EEG/EP T., CLTM, CNIM, FASET
- 2009 Debby Baydoun, R. EEG/EP T., RPSGT, R.NCS.T.,FASET, MSEd
- 2008 Dorothy Gaiter, R. EEG T., R.NCS.T., FASET, BS
- 2007 Walt Banoczi, R. EEG/EP T., RPSGT, CNIM, FASET, BE
- 2006 Deb Carson, R. EEG/EP T., FASET, M.Ed.
- 2005 Janet Ghigo, R. EEG/EP T., FASET, ELS
- 2004 Chris Bolden, R. EEG. T.
- 2003 Larry Head, R. EEG/EP T., RPSGT, CNIM, FASET
- 2002 Adele Wirch, R. EEG/EP T., CNIM, FASET, MS
- 2001 Margaret Walcoff, R. EEG/EP T., CNIM, FASET, M.Ed.
- 2000 Sabrina Galloway, R. EEG/EP T., CNIM, FASET
- 1999 Andrea Erwin, R. EP T., CNIM
- 1988 Carol Everson, R. EEG/EP T., RPSGT, MBA
- 1997 Cindra Altman, R. EEG/EP T., RPSGT, FASET
- 1996 Lewis Kull, R. EEG/EP T.